Dressing the bump

Let’s be honest…this pregnancy was not planned at all! I had so many plans for this year, especially for the summer. I was looking forward to having a hot girl summer but obviously God had different plans for me.

Dress is from Express.com

When I found out I was pregnant, I was trying to figure out how I can stay stylish with a growing bump.  People kept telling me that I would be living in leggings and that is definitely not my style. Others were telling me to start stocking up on maternity clothes but while scrolling online two things came to mind… 1) I didn’t want to spend money on items that I would never wear again 2) Although maternity clothes have come a long way I still didn’t want to wear MATERNITY clothes lol.

What I’ve learned throughout this pregnancy is to not go crazy on purchasing clothes especially jeans. If you are pregnant during the summer months like I am – dresses will become your best friend. I’ve basically lived in dresses all summer long because they are so comfortable.

Some tips I have:

• Fitted dresses are prefect for the bump
  • Long summer dresses are great for those hot days
  • Belting a dress right under your breast won’t make you look like a tent
  • High waisted skirt paired with a cute top knotted by your waist
  • High waisted jeans with a cute crop top
Entire look from Express.com
Dress from Express.com
Look from Express.com
Entire look from Forever21.com

Summer is my favorite season so I’ve been lucky to shop my closet and just buy a few pieces here and there to accommodate my baby bump.

Which look is your favorite one?

Signing Out,
Windy
Advertisements

15 Comments Add yours

1. Ben Butler says:

Wow! You are straight rocking that bump. You look great!

Liked by 1 person

2. kumamonjeng says:

Your small bump never stops you from being the fashion icon. Love everything outfit you share, especially the colorful handbag.

Liked by 1 person

3. Nina Bosken says:

I’ve also never really understood spending lots of money on maternity clothes. Furthermore, like you said they’re not really that flattering. I love your style here. You really have kept it stylish!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes it’s so expensive for something you’ll never wear again. Thank you

4. Loving all your outfits you look amazing. Congrats on baby to be

Liked by 1 person

5. You are ROCKING that bump! I always thought that I wouldn’t want to be pregnant over the summer (especially in Texas!) but sometimes life just has it’s own plans, right?

Liked by 1 person

1. Life definitely has its own plans lol

6. Elizabeth Keene Falzetta says:

Love that you styled a crop top! I hear so many moms to be saying they feel so out of touch with their clothing style after their body changes – this just proves you can still pull them off!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes I didn’t want to lose myself during this pregnancy.

7. Lisa says:

These are some gorgeous outfits! And so summery too!

Liked by 1 person

8. I wish I had super cute outfits like these when I was pregnant. What a great selection!

9. alexandra cook says:

This is so lovely! How I wish I was as talented and could pull off such a look when I was pregnant.

10. Catherine says:

Great summer style! You look fabulous and I love all the colors!