“Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you.” – Katie Reed
‘Self-care’ – we’ve been hearing this term for a long time. But what is self-care? Why do we need to practice self-care?
Self-care is basically “me time”. It allows us to stay focused on our own individual paths mind, body and soul.
I try and schedule self-care at least once a week. I unplug from everything including social media and mediate and reflect on my life.
Here are some ways unplugging will help you:
- Recharge – It is good to get away and reconnect with our minds and reflect on what we need to put more focus on.
- Sleep better – People who say you can sleep when you’re dead are just plain ole mad! Sleep is needed to recenter ourselves. When you get a good night’s sleep, you literally feel 10 times better. In order for me to get a good night’s sleep, I turn the TV off and keep my phone away from me.
- No more FOMO – The fear of missing out will have you feeling like what you’re doing in life doesn’t matter and you need to do more. UNPLUG from social media and enjoy your OWN life and realize that you don’t need to be everywhere and you surely don’t need to do everything.
- Be more active – When you unplug, you may find yourself being more proactive. Perhaps you may be more incline to go for a walk or a jog. Use this time to get your body moving and enjoy some scenery.
- Enjoy the moment – The most important factor of all…Being in the moment and enjoying the people around you and the sweet moments you may miss if you are always plugged in.
What have you been doing as self-care lately?
Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday and taking time out for yourself!
8 Comments Add yours
I am learning to follow these which can be considered simple steps to find what I need to do it in everything else: my balance.
Self-care is so important! Every time I take time to have a self-care night, I do sleep so much better!
My mummy suffers from fear of missing out all the time! I think she needs to take a step back and put things into perspective!
I love that opening saying and it is so true. Sometimes we need to be a little selfish especially if we want to be helpful to others. Great tips on how to prioritize our emotional and mental well being.
I have lessened my amount of mindless scrolling. I don’t even care and I’m doing it when i could be reading or taking care of other things.
Self-care is something I always practice. You’ve listed some great and practical tips here!
Self-care is so important and a lot of people have forgotten that. Only we practice good self-care we can be happy and our family and loved ones will be in good hands.
Self care is so important!! I’ve been trying to get better sleep. My sleep schedule has been crazy lately